Pardee Aquatics Center at the Harper Clubhouse
Challenging times call for champions. Become a champion for local youth today! Since 1966, we have done whatever it takes for local youth, but what our kids need now is you. Under current public health guidelines, we can only serve 1/3 of the youth we normally do at 3x times the cost.
The Doug & Marianne Pardee Aquatics Center, located at our Harper Branch in Solana Beach, is home to the nationally recognized Rancho San Dieguito Swim Team. Youth Swim Lessons are offered year-round. Our Aquatics Center features;
• two regulation length 25 yard pools
• spacious locker rooms
• indoor and poolside showers
• a fitness center
• a snack bar
• other aquatic amenities
Located at the Harper Clubhouse | 533 Lomas Santa Fe Drive, Solana Beach, CA 92075
Our pools and/or lanes are available to rent. Locker and pro-shop rentals are available as well. Please call (858) 755-4904 or visit us to schedule a tour of the facility. Perfect for a birthday party!
Joe Benjamin, Aquatics Director
858.755.4904 | aquatics@bgcSanDieguito.org
Patty Mariscal, Aquatics Coordinator
858.755.4904 ext. 314 | pmariscal@BGCSanDieguito.org
Youth Swim Lessons
2022 Swim Lessons
- We are only offering swim lessons on the weekends
- We are not offering any swim lessons for age 2 years and under during the fall/winter/spring
- Swim lesson registration is for an individual weekend lesson ONLY (not the entire month). You must repeat the registration process for every weekend swim lesson you desire your child/children to swim in.
AGES 3 years-12 years
- PRIVATE LESSONS: (Ratio 1:1) A one-on-one lesson with our experienced instructor tailored to your child’s individual swimming needs.
- SEMI-PRIVATE:(Ratio 1:2) Students are required to find a partner with similar swimming abilities for this class. A two-on-one lesson with our experienced instructor tailored to your children’s swimming needs.
AGES 4-5 years
- SEAHORSE: (Ratio 1:3) Swimmers will refine beginning strokes with technique such as front arm pull and rolling over for breathing. Refining back balance, back kick, and arm pull. (Swimming distance 12.5 yards)
AGES 5 years-12 years
- PENGUIN: (Ratio 1:3) Class for beginners with emphasis on basic water skills. Components of freestyle and back stroke. Floating, gliding, kicking on front and back will be the emphasis. (Swimming distance 12.5 yards)
- OTTER: (Ratio 1:4) Swimmers learn freestyle, side breathing, body position and balance. Back stroke, balancing on back, kicking & arm pull. Intro to the dolphin kick and dives (Swimming distance 25 yards/1 length)
- SEAL: (Ratio 1:5) Swimmers will learn the butterfly and be introduced to the breaststroke kick. This class expands stroke technique improving freestyle & back stroke endurance/proficiency. (Swimming distance is 50 yards/ 2 lengths)
- SHARK: (Ratio 1:5) Emphasis is on building endurance while continuing refinement of freestyle, backstroke, and butterfly. Introduced is the breaststroke. Flip turns/ open turns for all competitive strokes will be taught. (Swimming distance 50-100 yards/ 2-4 lengths)
Click on a Lesson Type Below To Register
If you have any questions, please contact Patty Mariscal Aquatics Coordinator email@example.com or Jade Thompson Swim Instructor Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
||$28/per child/per lesson
No swim lessons
- Monday, January 17th Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday
- Monday, February 21st Presidents Day
- Saturday, March 12th RSD Fundraiser
- Saturday, March 19th Fitter & Faster Clinic
- Sunday, March 20th Fitter & Faster Clinic
Swim Lesson Policies
- THERE ARE NO REFUNDS or PARTIAL REFUNDS! If you sign up for the wrong class, we can issue a full refund before the start of the session, however, we cannot guarantee a spot in a different class
- NO REFUNDS for canceled lesson due to other sports/activities, or vacations.
- PLEASE make sure you can commit to ALL 4-weekend lessons before you register for them.
Ages 19 and older
A signed waiver is required to swim at our pool.
Important Updates for Lap & Masters Swimmers:
- Lap Swim hours and Masters swim practices are drop-in and no reservations are required
- To purchase a Lap or Masters swim pass, please see a BGC staff member at the pool, or click on the “Purchase a Membership Pass” button.
Lap Swim Pricing
|5 Punch Pass
|10 Punch Pass
|20 Punch Pass
Masters Swimming Pricing
|5 Punch Pass
|10 Punch Pass
|20 Punch Pass
Monthly and Quarterly Senior & Active Military Discount Swim Passes
To purchase one of our discount passes, please visit the pool and see a BGC staff member. Discount passes are not available for purchase online.
|Lap Swim – Senior (60+), Active Military (With ID)*
|Daily Lap Swim Pass – Senior (60+), Active Military (With ID)
|Monthly Lap Swim Pass – Senior (60+), Active Military (With ID)
|Quarterly Lap Swim Pass – Senior (60+), Active Military (With ID)
|Solana Beach Swim Masters – Active Military (With ID)
|Daily Masters Pass – Active Military (With ID)
|Monthly Masters Pass – Active Military (With ID)
|Quarterly Masters Pass – Active Military (With ID)
No Lap & Masters Swimming
- Martin Luther King Day, January 17th
- Presidents Day, February 21
Registration & Info
Lap Swim Pool Schedule 2022
Masters Pool Schedule 2022
Lap Swim Waiver
Purchase a Membership Pass
RSD Swim Team
Ages 5 – 18 years
The Rancho San Dieguito Swim team is a USA Swimming affiliated, age-group competitive, year-round program. The nationally recognized program serves as a training ground for some of the country’s top swimmers.
For more information about the RSD swim team, please contact RSD’s Team Manager, Paul Mazzarelle at email@example.com.
Adult & Community Programs
Our intimate Solana Beach Fitness Center at the Harper Branch has state-of-the-art fitness equipment and 2 world-class personal trainers.
About Make a Splash Consistent with the goal of saving lives and providing every child in America with the opportunity to learn how to swim, Make a Splash, a national child-focused water safety initiative, was created by the USA Swimming Foundation in 2007. Make a Splash partners with learn-to-swim providers across the country to provide swimming lessons and educate kids on the importance of learning how to swim.Many partner programs are located in disadvantaged or ethnically diverse communities and provide training programs (including certified instructors, resources and quality programming) to help children become water-safe and share with them a lifelong physical fitness activity. Make a Splash’s awareness campaign is built around the staggering statistics that minority children ages 5-14 are most at risk for drowning, and drowning is the second leading cause of accidental death for children under the age of 14. Make a Splash educates parents through a national awareness campaign; saves lives by joining forces with grassroots learn-to-swim programs and reaches millions of children through its programming, promotions and publicity tours.