Your donation will be matched dollar for dollar up to $50,000 by our generous donor, Don Oliphant.
Help us make critical repairs to ensure that we continue to thrive.
Your donation helps sustain the quality of service and the positive impact we have provided this community for over 35 years. Every dollar goes to ensuring our Aquatics Center can make the necessary upgrades and repairs to keep our pools safe and our swim program functioning at the necessary level.
CO2 Carbo Max 750 System–$20K
A CO2 system installed in our filter room would be the most impactful addition we could have to enhance our water quality and protect our existing equipment.
We are looking to upgrade our 10 existing blocks (which have been serving us well since 2006). The upgrade includes assembly to mitigate looseness and poor fit, replacing the top footboards on each block, and adding a foot wedge to make each block more modern and competitive.
Colorado Timing System Upgrade–$20K
To effectively host competitions, we need to add 8 new Colorado Touchpads and a new backup start system.
A new high-end scoreboard that allows us to maximize sponsorships and community partners through the ability to show videos, advertisements, and running messages, along with keeping time and place for all swim and water polo competitions is around $100,000. Since we have an ongoing list of maintenance issues and other priorities, repairing and upgrading our existing scoreboard is a more affordable and practical option. We hope to restore our current scoreboard by replacing all non-functioning LED lights, the electrical wiring and conduits, and the weatherproofing covers.
We exceed our goal!
Thanks to you and to Don Oliphant for matching your donation, dollar for dollar up to $50,000, we exceed our goal!
I have been the RSD Swim Team Head Coach as well as the Aquatics Director for 27 out of the 35-year history of our pools. On average, there are 750 swimmers in our pools on a daily basis. With that much impact, repairs and upgrades are imminent. As a non-profit, we’ve stretched the lifespan of our equipment as much as we can. Without substantial intervention and support from our community, there will be detrimental effects on our pools, which in turn could limit our impact on our athletes and our community.
Our Aquatics Center’s Impact on the Community
- Our average daily use is 750 swimmers.
- For the past 15 years, RSD has had over 500 members and sustains a waitlist of over 100 swimmers.
- Pools are open 109 hours per week, serving our swim teams, community lap swimmers, masters swimmers, and a variety of aquatic rental programs, including Santa Fe Christian Middle and High School’s swim and water polo teams, San Dieguito Academy’s swim and water polo teams, Torrey Pines High School’s swim team, and Earl Warren Middle School’s aquatics programs.
- Our Aquatics Center has been recognized by USA Swimming’s Make a Splash Foundation and San Diego Prevent Drowning Foundation as a leader in drowning prevention and swim lesson instruction.
- We partner with California State Lifeguards as well as city lifeguards for Solana Beach, Encinitas, and Del Mar
- We are an authorized provider for the American Red Cross
- We offer in-house lifeguard training and lifeguard instructor classes as well as water safety instructor classes.
- RSD athletes have earned over $3,000,000 in college scholarships to over 50 different colleges and universities, making us one of the nation’s leading college swimming development programs.
- RSD is a USA Swimming designated Silver Medal Club for the second year in a row and ranked as a Top 100 team in the country out of 40,000 teams and is one of a small group of USA Swimming Clubs to be recognized in the USA Swimming Club Recognition Program every single year since the program’s inception in 2012!
- RSD is a San Diego Imperial Swimming Junior Olympic Championship team that has placed in the Top 3 over the past 12 years, winning the local Championship 8 times
- RSD is a USA Swimming Level 4 Recognized Club and a USA Swimming Safe Sport Recognized Club.
- We have been able to offer over 100 free swim lessons annually to members of our La Colonia Clubhouse
- RSD swimmer Miko Baron is this year’s Boys & Girls Clubs of San Dieguito’s Youth of the Year.
- Solana Beach Swim Masters has held practices consistently for 6 days a week since 1994 and has been home to thousands of local triathletes from beginners to multiple World Champions.