Teen Keystone Conference
Five teens that earned their way, along with two advisors, attended the National Keystone Conference in Dallas, Texas last month. Over 2500 Keystone members from around the world came together to take part in a three day conference that focuses on service projects, leadership activities, and college and career exploration. Inspirational speakers also attend the event and address topics ranging from self-image to community service.
*picture is with Keystone group and Aidan Hornaday- the teen speaker, musical performer, and philanthropist Advisors Danny Castillo Jennifer Roman Teens Attending-Earned their way to conference Jessica Casillas- President Lizette Diaz-Vice President Angel Courtney- Chief Of Staff Che Baniadam-Treasurer Ava Sherman-Secretary
During the conference, the teens were able to connect and collaborate with many other club teens from across the country. They attended a variety of sessions including but not limited to:
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness and Prevention in Local Community
- Service Projects and Ideas
- Improvisation and the Arts
- Strengthening Cooperation and Communication
- Preparing for College
- Setting Goals for the Future
- Establishing Healthy Mindsets
- …and many more!
- Yara Shahidi- teen activist and actress from Black-ish
- Aidan Hornaday- teen speaker, musical performer, and philanthropist
- Trevor Jackson- young actor, singer, and dancer
- DLow- young hip-hop dancer, rapper, and choreographer
- …and several more talented individuals!
Furthermore, our teens were able to have some fun and connect more deeply with their fellow Keystone peers. They participated in:
- Mechanical bull riding
- Dancing to epic mixes by a teen DJ
- Riding roller coasters at Six Flags Over Texas
- Touring Downtown Dallas
- Feasting on a traditional Texan meal
- …and many more activities!
The 2016 National Keystone Conference was an event filled with countless memories our Keystoners will never forget!