Pardee Aquatics Center at the Harper Clubhouse
Challenging times call for champions. Become a champion for local youth today! Since 1966, we have done whatever it takes for local youth, but what our kids need now is you. Under current public health guidelines, we can only serve 1/3 of the youth we normally do at 3x times the cost.
The Doug & Marianne Pardee Aquatics Center, located at our Harper Branch in Solana Beach, is home to the nationally recognized Rancho San Dieguito Swim Team. Youth Swim Lessons are offered year-round. Our Aquatics Center features;
• two regulation length 25 yard pools
• spacious locker rooms
• indoor and poolside showers
• a fitness center
• a snack bar
• other aquatic amenities
Located at the Harper Clubhouse | 533 Lomas Santa Fe Drive, Solana Beach, CA 92075
Our pools and/or lanes are available to rent. Locker and pro-shop rentals are available as well. Please call (858) 755-4904 or visit us to schedule a tour of the facility. Perfect for a birthday party!
Joe Benjamin, Aquatics Director
858.755.4904 | aquatics@bgcSanDieguito.org
Patty Mariscal, Aquatics Coordinator
858.755.4904 ext. 314 | pmariscal@BGCSanDieguito.org
RSD Swim Team
Ages 5 – 18 years
The Rancho San Dieguito Swim team is a USA Swimming affiliated, age-group competitive, year-round program. The nationally recognized program serves as a training ground for some of the country’s top swimmers
For more information about the RSD swim team, please contact RSD’s Team Manager, Paul Mazzarelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult & Community Programs
Solana Beach Swim Masters
Ages 19 and older
Boys and Girls Clubs of San Dieguito’s Solana Beach Swim Masters is an organized coached masters swim team. Emphasis is on stroke technique, endurance, and having fun while getting in shape. Workouts are coached and modified to work for all levels of swimmers from beginners to world champions. Workouts are open to all swimmers 19 years and older of all abilities.
Boys & Girls Club of San Dieguito Pardee Aquatic Center offers American Red Cross classes. The Lifeguard Certification course provides entry-level participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
The class will provide participants with the following certifications:
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding and First Aid
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Oxygen Administration
- Participants must meet the minimum age requirement of 15+ years
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds. Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. Swim goggles are not allowed. Surface dive to a depth of 7-10 feet to retrieve a 10 pound object. Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with hands holding onto object and keeping face out of the water. Exit the water without using ladder or steps.
Materials that need to be purchased before the class begins:
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding Manual
- Pocket Mask
- Sold on www.redcross.org/Onlinestore
Class length: 28.5 hours
Class Size: 10 max
Course Cost: $175.00
Course Certification: Students that successfully complete this course will obtain an American Red Cross Lifeguarding and First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Oxygen Administration.
Upcoming Sessions (students MUST attend all class dates)
2020 Lifeguard Training Classes
- February 1, 2, 8 & 9 (4 days total)
- March 7, 8, 14 & 15 (4 days total)
- April 18, 19, 25 & 26 (4 days total)
- May 2, 3, 9 &10 (4 days total)
- June 20, 21, 27, 28 (4 days total)