Powerhouse Paddle & Swim
September 16, 2018
Located at Powerhouse Park & Beach
The Powerhouse Paddle and Swim Committee, in conjunction with local paddling and swimming enthusiasts and the Del Mar Lifeguards, is proud to present the 14th Annual Powerhouse Paddle and Swim on Sunday, September 17th, 2017. This Del Mar beach event is an opportunity for youth and adults to participate in a challenging, yet friendly ocean competition. Del Mar Powerhouse Paddle & Swim is fun for the whole family. Beginners are especially welcome.
The paddleboard races include various events for youth, adults and challenged athletes over courses of 1/4 mile, 1 mile, 3 mile, and 6 mile distances. The 1 mile rough water swim race is a unique course that follows the original Del Mar rough water course from the river mouth to the Powerhouse.
All participants will receive a cool, hooded Powerhouse Paddle & Swim sweatshirt and lunch.
A special thanks to all of our loyal sponsors. Please take the opportunity to support these sponsors throughout the year.
All net proceeds from the event will be used to fund ocean and water activities for the children of Del Mar and the greater San Diego area.
The Powerhouse is a Del Mar landmark rich in history. The Powerhouse began as a power plant in the 1900s, became a nightclub in the 1950s, served for a time as an experimental desalination plant, and – thanks to countless volunteer hours and donations – now serves as the Del Mar Community Center.
Check In Event Race Start 6:30AM – 7:30AM 1-Mile Swim 8:00AM 7:00AM – 8:00AM 250 Yard Youth Swim 8:30AM 7:30AM – 8:30AM Youth Paddleboard/SUP 9:00AM 7:30AM – 9:30AM 3 and 6-Mile Paddleboard/SUP 10:00AM 7:30AM – 9:30AM 1-Mile Novice Paddleboad 10:05AM
THE ROUGH WATER SWIM INFO
- All rough water swim participants will receive a cool hooded Powerhouse Paddle & Swim sweatshirt, swim cap with event logo, free lunch. Lots of race categories and awards!
- Race check in at Powerhouse Park opens at 6:30 am and closes promptly at 7:30 a.m. Swim starts on beach at approx. 26th street at 8:00 a.m. Sharp…do NOT be late!
- Wetsuits may be worn but swimmers wearing wetsuits will not receive overall or age group place awards. Exception to this rule is if at any time race organizers or Del Mar Lifeguards deem conditions such that wetsuits are recommended.
- Swimmers will walk north on the beach from Powerhouse Park to race start at approx. 26th. Please bring a bag with your name visible for transport back from swim start to finish.
- 1 mile swim course is one way. Swimmers will swim out approx. 100 yards, around buoy and south back to Powerhouse Park.
- Del Mar Lifeguards will be on duty and available from the water during swim for aid from both rescue boards and boat.
THE PADDLEBOARD RACES
- All participants will receive a cool hooded Powerhouse Paddle & Swim sweatshirt and lunch will be provided. Lots of race categories and awards!
- All Paddleboard races are water start/finish.
- Youth race participants will compete on foam boards provided by race organizers.
- Youth races will be approximately 1/4 mile in length.
- Scholarships are available for participants in youth races.
- Del Mar Lifeguards will provide safety for all paddleboard races.
- The Adult Paddleboard Novice race, the 3 mile race, and the 6 mile race will have water starts and finishes.
- FREE Parking at the Del Mar Train Station with Registration for vehicles with paddleboards.
Swim For a Cause
Thank you for being a part of the RSD Swim Team, Solana Beach Swim Masters, community lap swim or any of our programs at the Pardee Aquatics Center! The Boys & Girls Club of San Dieguito has seven sites from Carmel Valley to Encinitas, and serves more than 10,000 children through After School Programs, Aquatics, Athletics, Center for a Healthy Lifestyle, Middle School Sports, Montessori School, Summer Camp Programs, and Youth Arts Academy. We must continue to meet the needs of all children, through innovative programs, caring staff, and additional clubs. Thus, we continue to need your help!
Thank you, in advance, for your support. Your contribution is evidence of your belief in our mission:“To provide positive activities to develop the education, health, self-esteem, and character of youth. To build values and character in our members through the pursuit of excellence in swimming.”
If you have any questions, please contact Macon Lane, Aquatics Executive Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (858)755-4904.
Make a Difference
Every child needs a safe place where they feel welcomed and loved. We provide many children that place to call home through offering quality programs and scholarships. Last year alone, over $374,000 was allocated towards after school and program scholarships for the children who needed us most.
We are a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization with over 5,700 members from North Coastal San Diego County. Our service reach provides facilities, classes and camps to over 10,000 youth annually throughout various areas of San Diego. Our seven locations offer exceptional diverse programs ranging from after-school and summer camp programs, to aquatics, athletics, middle school sports, our Montessori school and a Youth Arts Academy, and the Center for a Healthy Lifestyle. Through our wide variety of programs, we instill a sense of belonging, usefulness, influence and competence in our local youth.
For more information, please contact Macon Lane, Boys and Girls Club Aquatics Executive Administrator at email@example.com or 858-755-4904.